Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy New Years




I’ve decided to adopt the Chinese New Year this year. First off it lasts 14 days, which is awesome and ends with the lantern festival. I not only love fortune cookies, Chinese food and lanterns, I’m also in dire need of a better New Years and another fresh start.
2011 hasn’t been the “luckiest” so far, which is ironic as being “11” it really should be a little luckier in my superstitious opinion – but alas that logic has been shot down.
Also, it falls on the eve of my 24th birthday, which has to mean something? Being the year of the Rabbit and being born in the year of the Rabbit – are you following? … see all the connections???
Ok ok, I know it sounds like I’m grasping at straws and perhaps I am. But really, I’m just looking for something to believe in, some sense of hope for the coming year.
Besides… how fun are chopsticks??? Really…
So Happy Chinese New Year!
May it be luckier than the last one.
Cheers

No comments: